Advertise

Thursday, January 15, 2009

Success!

Radian6Many of you have not only been following the news of my job search on Twitter, but have also been extremely helpful in providing  job leads and support. And I am very grateful for that. I’ve shared the blog posts that several friends have written about my situation before, I’ve got great friends and Thank you for your support. Well, the fruits of everyone’s labors has paid off! In record time, too!

On Monday, I will be joining Radian6 as Director of Content Marketing. Radian6 is the leading Social Media Monitoring firm, helping companies and agencies listen, measure and engage with what’s being said about them on the web. Radian6 is an innovative social marketer, as the developer of the Twebinar.

In my previous role as a strategist at a large agency, I used the product with much success and it quickly became my favorite social media tool. I also had the opportunity to meet and speak with VP of Marketing and Community, David Alston and CEO, Marcel LeBrun many times at various conferences. I have always come away from the conversations, impressed and with a lot of respect for them and the amazing company that they have built.

I am sure that you have seen the recent news about the company’s other new hire, Amber Naslund as Director of Community. Amber is an amazing social marketer and community builder and I am so excited to be working with her as part of a great team. In just a week, she has already made a fantastic impact, engaging with customers and helping out. Did you see Geoff Livingston’s recent post, 2009 – Hot or Not, naming Radian6 the hottest Social Media Tool and Amber the hottest Marketing Blogger? What an awesome team!

So what does the Director of Content Marketing do?

I will be responsible for leading and executing the Company’s inbound digital marketing strategies which includes:

  • a focus on building relationships by providing valued content for use in various channels from Twebinars, website, events and online publications.
  • creation and sharing of engaging new information that educates our customers and helps them succeed.

And I found out about the job on Twitter! When I went public on Twitter that I was an economic statistic, Ken Burbary let me know about the Radian6 opening via a dm.

Shortly thereafter, David Alston and I shared dms. We spoke the next day, along with Marcel, took a break for the holidays and then the rest is history!

Much has been said about the power of networking in these tough economic times and we’ve all seen numerous examples of the strength of the Twitter community.

Thanks to David and Marcel for the great opportunity, and thanks to each of you for being a part of my community and helping me. I am so glad that my tenure as one of the unemployed is over in record time. I’m looking forward to a fantastic 2009!

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment